One of the admins at Soompi Moons met Bong in New York on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 EST. This is Part 1 of her personal account of that meeting:
OMG!!! I met Bong today!!! I'm on cloud 9 ^________^ KYAAAA~~~
OMGGGGG, that's all I kept repeating nonstop in my head after meeting Bong keke
It felt like a dream. It still does. Everything seemed to have gone by so fast, yet, in that very moment, while with Bong, it felt like time stood still. It was a moment that I always want to remember.
Bong is definitely one of a kind. That’s what I reaffirmed after meeting her. She has a special aura to her. It was like I met an angel ^.^ Just being with her, I felt like I was becoming more pure.. I felt I wanted to be a better person. There’s something special about Bong. It’s hard to describe. She's not like anyone I’ve ever met. She's super nice, sweet, and kind. I kept thinking, what would it be like if I had a friend like Bong? How great would that be?! :D
It’s hard to fully express everything that I felt in words, so I tried jotting down as much as I could of my thoughts soon after meeting her. I have tried to gather and organize my recollection and thoughts to share with all of you. Please understand that I may forgo some details to respect Bong.
It's actually a long story, but I will try to cover most of what happened on Tuesday when I met Bong!
I never imagined I would be able to meet Bong. So I was beyond ecstatic, when I heard she was in NY again!
Thinking that this would be my only chance to meet her, I mustered the courage to go to Kaplan. As I walked in, I introduced myself at the front desk and I left a memo in Korean that said something along the lines of:
"Hello. Geun Young / Bong.
If it's okay, could I please have a brief moment of your time to hand you some gifts?
I would really appreciate it ^_^
Sarigomtangheyo.
~Soompi Moons
As I sat in the main lounge with some time to spare, I took out a pen and started jotting down in Korean some things to say to Bong like “Annyeonghaseyo (bow)” ^o^ I felt it would help make everything be second nature if I wrote it down on paper and repeated it over and over again in my head before meeting her. I was extremely nervous. I hoped I would be able to remember the things that I wanted to tell Bong and not draw a complete blank. The script was short and brief because I was just going to hand her the gifts. I felt bad for even being there. I didn’t want to take a lot of her time.
Food Gifts
I tried to think of some things that Bong would like and things that have been recommended.
I got a bag of beef jerky (육포) and 2 banana milks (바나나 우유) at a Korean store.
Picked up 2 cupcakes from Crumbs, a popular cupcake chain in the city that makes huge, delicious cupcakes. I made sure to get cupcakes without any chocolate/cocoa in them, since Bong's allergic to it. I got Bong the carrot cake and the coconut cupcake. I initially was going to get the red velvet but apparently that has some cocoa in it, so I passed.
I also stopped by Magnolia’s bakery in Soho to get their famous banana pudding. Although I personally have not tried it yet, a lot of people seem to love it. And since Bong likes bananas, I thought she might like this too.
As it was getting nearer to the end of class, I made sure all the gifts were nicely in place, fixed my posture, and reviewed in my head what I would say ^o^ As class ended, students were gradually coming out while I sat waiting for Bong. A number of them were near the door trying to take their umbrellas out because it was raining outside.
I anxiously kept sitting and waiting for Bong. I was really hoping that I would be able to meet her and hand her the gifts. Although I don't usually wear glasses, I even remembered to wear them today so that I would have crystal clear vision to see Bong keke. But after 20 minutes had passed since class ended and with no sign of her, I didn't think I would see her. Looking down at the gifts, I started to feel down. But when I looked up again...
(TO BE CONTINUED...)
credit: Soompi Moons



No comments:
Post a Comment