Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fan Account of Meeting Moon Geun Young in New York (Part 1)

One of the admins at Soompi Moons met Bong in New York on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 EST. This is Part 1 of her personal account of that meeting:

OMG!!! I met Bong today!!! I'm on cloud 9 ^________^ KYAAAA~~~

OMGGGGG, that's all I kept repeating nonstop in my head after meeting Bong keke

It felt like a dream. It still does. Everything seemed to have gone by so fast, yet, in that very moment, while with Bong, it felt like time stood still. It was a moment that I always want to remember.

Bong is definitely one of a kind. That’s what I reaffirmed after meeting her. She has a special aura to her. It was like I met an angel ^.^ Just being with her, I felt like I was becoming more pure.. I felt I wanted to be a better person. There’s something special about Bong. It’s hard to describe. She's not like anyone I’ve ever met. She's super nice, sweet, and kind. I kept thinking, what would it be like if I had a friend like Bong? How great would that be?! :D

It’s hard to fully express everything that I felt in words, so I tried jotting down as much as I could of my thoughts soon after meeting her. I have tried to gather and organize my recollection and thoughts to share with all of you. Please understand that I may forgo some details to respect Bong.

It's actually a long story, but I will try to cover most of what happened on Tuesday when I met Bong!

I never imagined I would be able to meet Bong. So I was beyond ecstatic, when I heard she was in NY again!

Thinking that this would be my only chance to meet her, I mustered the courage to go to Kaplan. As I walked in, I introduced myself at the front desk and I left a memo in Korean that said something along the lines of:

"Hello. Geun Young / Bong.

If it's okay, could I please have a brief moment of your time to hand you some gifts?

I would really appreciate it ^_^

Sarigomtangheyo.

~Soompi Moons

As I sat in the main lounge with some time to spare, I took out a pen and started jotting down in Korean some things to say to Bong like “Annyeonghaseyo (bow)” ^o^ I felt it would help make everything be second nature if I wrote it down on paper and repeated it over and over again in my head before meeting her. I was extremely nervous. I hoped I would be able to remember the things that I wanted to tell Bong and not draw a complete blank. The script was short and brief because I was just going to hand her the gifts. I felt bad for even being there. I didn’t want to take a lot of her time.

Food Gifts

I tried to think of some things that Bong would like and things that have been recommended.

I got a bag of beef jerky (육포) and 2 banana milks (바나나 우유) at a Korean store.

Picked up 2 cupcakes from Crumbs, a popular cupcake chain in the city that makes huge, delicious cupcakes. I made sure to get cupcakes without any chocolate/cocoa in them, since Bong's allergic to it. I got Bong the carrot cake and the coconut cupcake. I initially was going to get the red velvet but apparently that has some cocoa in it, so I passed.

I also stopped by Magnolia’s bakery in Soho to get their famous banana pudding. Although I personally have not tried it yet, a lot of people seem to love it. And since Bong likes bananas, I thought she might like this too.

As it was getting nearer to the end of class, I made sure all the gifts were nicely in place, fixed my posture, and reviewed in my head what I would say ^o^ As class ended, students were gradually coming out while I sat waiting for Bong. A number of them were near the door trying to take their umbrellas out because it was raining outside.

I anxiously kept sitting and waiting for Bong. I was really hoping that I would be able to meet her and hand her the gifts. Although I don't usually wear glasses, I even remembered to wear them today so that I would have crystal clear vision to see Bong keke. But after 20 minutes had passed since class ended and with no sign of her, I didn't think I would see her. Looking down at the gifts, I started to feel down. But when I looked up again...

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

credit: Soompi Moons

http://www.facebook.com/SoompiMoons

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/508-moon-geun-young-문근영

0 comments: